Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Martin Luther King, Jr.


We had so much fun today doing Martin Luther King, Jr. activities!  We love using the iPads to extend our learning!  I made this MLK Flip book to go along with the free Brain Pop Martin Luther King, Jr video.

My classroom is a 2:1 iPad room.  Therefore, my students work in partners.  I showed them the video as a whole class and filled in the first answer together.  Then they worked in pairs to answer the rest.  The answers students need will be bold words written on the screen.  Yay, they will be spelled correctly!  I taught the students how to pause the video so they could copy.






It's so satisfying for teachers when all students are engaged in learning.  Conversations are happening that are all on topic!  Love it!


Click the link to get your copy of my Martin Luther King, Jr. Flip Book!


Jump on over to Stanford's Hump Day Highlight to see what other teachers are up to!


5 comments:

  1. Great activity!! Thanks for sharing! I love using Brain Pop with my students and what a great way to use the iPads along with it! I'm always looking for new ways to use iPads with my kindergarten friends. Have a great rest of the week!

    http://recipeforteaching.blogspot.com/2015/01/hump-day-highlight.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like a very engaging activity. Thank you for sharing!

    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brain Pop! Is absolutely wonderful! I love using it with my students as well - its short but so informative! I don't teach first grade but I love seeing the "little ones" getting so into great lessons :)

    Amanda
    My Shoe String Life

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by today! This activity looks so cute and I can't believe your a 2:1 iPad room, that's amazing!

    Adrienne

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love BrainPOP Jr. The flipbook looks great! I'm jealous of your 2:1 iPads ;-)
    KaSandra
    MemoriesMadeinFirst

    ReplyDelete