This year, I did things differently and I'd love to share my sanity saving tips with you!
1. Have a temporary name tag on the students desks. You can buy these from a dollar store or even the Target Dollar Spot.
2. Have some sort of gift for the kiddos. I was so excited to find these cuties! Simply go to your local dollar store and buy some glow sticks. I found these 8 for $1! I was able to supply one for each student in my class for $3! Yippee! You can find the tags here for free!
4. Have important papers on student desks for them to take with them.
Since I teach first grade, I include a list of the kindergarten sight words, first grade sight words for the year, Student information sheet, Social Media Release, and a Parent Handbook! (Click on the links to see where to get these products!)
5. Have a display on your smartboard, elmo, or whatever you use! Give parents directions on where to put their supplies...some will still ask but it eliminates a lot of questions freeing you up to introduce yourself to parents/students!
6. Have a clearly marked place for supplies!!!! This will save you hours of work afterwards. After Backpack Night, I simply place the containers in the cabinets where I store them and that's it! Clean up is finished! The stands holding the signs are from IKEA. Click here to get your copy of the school supply pictures.
I hope you have found some of these tips/freebies useful! I would love to hear more open house tips in the comments! I am always striving to be better!!