Sunday, January 10, 2016

DIY LEGO Table!

I have a 10 year old LEGO enthusiast!

Yay...she has tons of LEGO sets!
Boo...she has nowhere to set them up to play.
Praise God...DIY LEGO table!
We first started with a 5x5 foot piece of plywood. (3/4 inch thick)  
 We couldn't decide on a color until my mom had the great idea of matching it up to the green LEGO building plates!
Perfect match!
 The base is simply four Trofast storage units from IKEA.  Yep!  I love that place!  
I have two of these in my classroom as well!
I love the way it is starting to look!  The only problem is when those tiny pieces, (Who am I kidding?  They're all tiny!) roll onto the floor.

 So my dad made a trim that goes around all four edges...
... to keep those pieces all on the top!
 Now the fun part!  Sorting all the LEGO bricks into the correct bins!
Now she has room to play with all her LEGO's at once!
Click here to check out where the inspiration came from!


9 comments:

  1. How did you attach the green board to the IKEA storage units?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The matter that you provide is worth our time and energy.diy lego tables

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where were you able to find 5' wide plywood? I'm only seeing 4". Thanks! Love the LEGO table!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this so much! Can you please provide instructions on how to make and install the trim?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do you have a detailed plan of how to make this? My husband is going to attempt it as a Christmas present for our girls. I absolutely love it!

    Thank you!
    mcckelli@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. The standard of furniture craftsmanship employed is very important, whether you are purchasing a table, cabinet or sofa. Here is what to look for in your own home furniture before you part with a single cent. end table sets

    ReplyDelete
  8. There is a lot of useful information in this post for all types of furniture lovers. This type of blog will help people find furniture information online. Similarly, I've found a source at decorise.com that provides affordable wall art, furnishings, and home accents at a high standard of quality.
    Or if anybody is interested or needs to purchase any kind of furniture in Dublin, Columbus then you should check this store: The Furniture Shop - Affordable & Stylish Furniture Store Online

    ReplyDelete