Sunday, September 24, 2017

Calm Struggling Readers Solving Word Problems with Seesaw

Guided math groups are going.  
Students are working at math stations.
Then you feel a tap on your shoulder and hear...
“Teacher, can you read this to me?”

This is a common struggle for classroom teachers.  How can I have students work independently on their math workbook when they can't read the word problems?

The simple answer is Seesaw (FREE!!)

Seesaw has become my best friend!  Seriously!  I don't know how I taught without it!

Seesaw is an student online learning journal or portfolio.  It has truly changed my classroom and did I mention it's FREE!

I simply record my voice reading word problems from our math curriculum that students may encounter during independent work time.

Hear's how to do it!
1. Click on the "plus" to post to a student journal.
2. Choose to "Add File".
3. Drag and drop your screenshot images!  (This is my favorite part!)
4. Choose "Record" to record yourself reading the word problem.
5. Click the checkmark!  ( I add it to a folder labeled with the chapter and lesson.)  Done!
This is what students the students' view.
Now, when they get to these word problems, they simply click to play my voice!  
Easy Peasy!

I would love to hear how you use Seesaw in you room!
Click below to get a free month of Seesaw Plus!

No comments:

Post a Comment