Thursday, October 2, 2014

October Currently

Yay!  I actually look forward to linking up with Farley at the beginning of the month!

I am super excited that September is O-V-E-R!  Can I get an Amen?!  Even though it was my birthday month, it's always a challenging month.  September was really tough, hot, and all about setting those routines.  October is here and I feel like I can take a breath!

Let's get to it...

Listening to my two daughters say good night to each other and there was NO blood!  They can be the best of friends and they can also be severe enemies.  It is very sweet!

Loving that my classroom routines are normal and I can teach other things.  Guided Reading groups, Words Their Way Groups, Co-teaching groups, Daily 5, Morning Routine and etc. are SET!  Whew!  No wonder September is a challenge!

Thinking that I enjoyed attending a LEGO Story Starter Professional Development day!  I have been using LEGO Build To Express for a year now and have never used Story Starter.  I think my students are going to love the kits!  The picture is the teacher goodie "bag" they gave us at the training!  Just fun and cute materials!

Wanting my new iPhone 6 Plus to ship!!!  It's on back order until October 24th (another reason to love October).  I'm worried it's going to be huge but I use it so much that I think it might be just what I need!

Needing bio freeze!!  Sunday I ran my second 1/2 marathon!  I just stopped taking Aleve around the clock.  My body is sore but I had a blast!  This is the view as I ran across the interstate bridge!  Beautiful!

I love the charm my husband bought me for my bracelet after the race! 

Treat!  This is the time of year for Whitey's Pumpkin Ice Cream Shakes, pumpkin pie, and pumpkin bars!  Yep!  I love the comfort foods the season offers!

Thanks for stopping by and don't forget to link up with Farley for October!


5 comments:

  1. Hi Heidi,
    Found you through the Currently linky! Adorable blog! Your daughters sound sweet. My son and daughter do the same...sweet one minute and the next...don't ask! Deep down they love each other a lot! The Lego kits looks cool. I haven't heard of it before. Congrats on your 1/2 marathon. What an accomplishment!
    Gina

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm impressed with you: a half marathon. Way to go! Two of our staff members ran a marathon this past Sunday.

    It's nice to meet you on Currently.
    Artistry of Education

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love when the routines are set. That's when the real learning begins! Those Lego story starters sound so cool! Good luck with the iphone 6. I just barely got the 5, so it will be a while before I upgrade again!

    Sally from Elementary Matters

    ReplyDelete
  4. September HAS been such a hard month! I'm glad it's over too. Bring on October!!

    I LOVE the half-marathon charm. Congrats!

    Kristin
    My Carolina Classroom

    ReplyDelete
  5. September is over- AMEN! I feel like groups and routines are finally in swing, too! LOVE that you can still (literally) flip, and 1/2 marathon?? You go, girl! I'm not a runner, but love HIIT and cross fit. Gotta stay fit for those first graders!!!
    New follower,
    Karli
    Creating a Thoughtful Classroom

    ReplyDelete