Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Do you Kahoot?


Do you Kahoot?

I'm joining in on Stanford's Hump Day Highlight!  This is what I'm currently crazy about!

I just recently started using Kahoot for formative assessments and I think I'm in love!

My firsties enjoy kahooting (I don't even know if that's a word?) so much that they think its a reward!  I tell them if they are really good listeners during math, then we might just get to kahoot!  The class breaks out in cheers!  It's almost as exciting as Go Noodle!

What is a Kahoot?
If you go to getkahoot.com you can sign up for free and begin making kahoots (quizzes) or search pre-made kahoots.  I prefer to make my own.  Once your ready to begin, you simply click launch, and this screen appears with the specific game code for your quiz.

Students go to kahoot.it on their device.  Don't worry if your not a 1:1 classroom.  My class isn't either.  You can play this in small groups.  This is the screen students see.  I would suggest if you have ipads, open it in safari and save it as a button on your homescreen.   Then next time they simply tap on the button to get to this screen.  (I taught about 5 of my firsties how to do this and they did it to all our ipads before we first played a kahoot.)

Students enter the game pin and their name on the next screen.  

When they are ready they will see this screen on their device.  Each student's name will appear on your screen/smart board (you do not have to have a smart board to play).


Then the teacher launches the game.


This is what the students see on their device...


Here is another example from a "Making Ten" assessment.

This is the part you can use to show your principal or any nay sayers...data!  Just tap or click on "download results."  

Do you Kahoot?  What types of assessments do you use it for?





8 comments:

  1. Love this! I'm definitely going to have to check it out! Thanks for linking up and I hope to see you again soon :)

    Blessings,
    Jessica
    Mrs. Stanford's Class

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks great!! I had never heard of this so thanks so much for sharing!!

    recipeforteaching

    ReplyDelete
  3. I came over from the Hump Day Blog Hop!
    Your post is terrific, I can't wait for next week.
    I'm your newest Blog Lovin' follower!
    ~Fern
    Fern Smith's Classroom Ideas!
    Fern Smith's Pinterest Boards!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the idea of using Kahoot as a class review! I was introduced to it a few weeks ago at a tech. conference and kind of put it on the back burner. Thanks for reminding me of this fun tool to use with my kiddos!
    ~Becky
    theclasscouple.weebly.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am going to have to check this out! I have not heard of it, but I can definitely see why students would enjoy it. Thank you for sharing!

    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks interesting! I'm definitely going to have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete